[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Neil Kazaross Exhibits Terrific Sportsmanship

Posted By: Paul Weaver
Date: Monday, 1 February 2010, at 1:10 a.m.

I love dealing with honest people and I despise dealing with dishonest people. The vast majority of backgammon players I have dealt with over the last thirty-odd years have been honest.

I played Neil two matches over the weekend.

In our first match, I doubled him, took a photo of the postion, and forgot to hit my clock. Neil could have (and some players would have) let my clock run for a few minutes while pretending to consider the take/pass decision. Neil promptly told me that I had forgotten to hit my clock.

In our second match, I was very tired and made a mistake that I and others have made before. I was closed out and I was in the habit of hitting my clock without rolling as soon as Neil hit his clock. After he cleared his 6pt, I hit my clock without rolling. Instead of forcing me to lose my turn, Neil let me roll.

I thanked Neil, telling him, "You may be a lousy backgammon player, but at least you're a very honest guy."

Thanks, Neil, for the great sportsmanship.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.