[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Neil Kazaross issue = Backgammon is a sport

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 2 February 2010, at 2:47 a.m.

In Response To: Neil Kazaross issue = Backgammon is a sport (Leonardo Jerkovic)

Well you said Tournament backgammon can be considered as a mind sport, but moneygames and chouettes are pure gambling and then replied to Richard's question of "If two people agree to play a game of chess or tennis or billiards for $100, is it pure gambling?" with a Yes. Let me give you an extreme example.

I get in a chess match with Kasparov and we wager any sum of money on it. Neither of us is gambling, it's basically me handing him money. This is an extreme but it's the same across the board varying in degrees from this example. The better player over time will win out. The issue with backgammon is sometimes it takes a looooooooooong time for results to even out but with what Richard mentioned, chess, tennis, billiards, it takes a lot less time to see who the better player is.

Gambling to me is defined as the first entry in the dictionary: to play at any game of chance for money or other stakes. These are not games of chance.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.