[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Vegas Pay Now or Later?

Posted By: Daniel Murphy
Date: Tuesday, 29 May 2007, at 7:25 p.m.

In Response To: Vegas Pay Now or Later? (Stick)

There's a cube in play in here. And so I'm going to play 13/4. White won't double immediately -- Blue's take point is about 20%. If White misses, I'm going to double, and I'm not sure whether White, with a take point of 18%, should pass or take. Take, I guess. If White hits and I fan, I'm going to take White's cube, unless he hits and slots the 6 point. If White hits and I return hit from the bar, I'm going to borrow some lucky dice and win an undoubled gammon. No way am I playing 13/8 13/7. That gives 3 more shots than 13/4, and if missed the double/pass is terrible overkill. What else? Oh yeah, 6/2 6/1. That may be the DMP play. On one hand it's quite a waste of 9 pips On the other, Blue should gain in the sequences where White first loses his spares, Blue plays again in the homeboard, and White blots on the bar point. There's also, at DMP no gammon vig from return hits, and no cube conundrums if Blue's next roll double-blots with 5-1, 4-3, 4-2 or 4-1.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.