[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OLM Wed. May 30th

Posted By: Chase
Date: Wednesday, 30 May 2007, at 10:43 a.m.

In Response To: OLM Wed. May 30th (Stick)

I'll also go along with b/23 6/4(2) 13/11. But I agree with Ian, that 23/21 with the last 2 is reasonable. In fact, if our distribution up front were slightly better (say, move a spare from 13 to 8), b/21 6/4(2) would be my choice.

A blot on the 21pt is a big target, but hitting there does come at a cost for White. If his hit involves a 2, by far his best hitting number, he won't be using that 2 to anchor on our 3pt. Other hits strip or break points, or take away the builders he would like to use to make his 5pt. And of course, he may miss.

These things look fairly important because the race is close in what is evolving into a prime v. prime game. Timing could be very important, and the difference between either side making an advanced anchor or escaping a back checker could be decisive. The impurity of White making his 4pt and leaving the 5pt open could be also. In the end, though, I feel the need for diversifying our offense and avoiding White's blitzing variations is more important.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.