[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Naccel practice position #2

Posted By: Lucky Jim
Date: Sunday, 14 February 2010, at 10:03 a.m.

In Response To: Naccel practice position #2 (Petter Bengtsson)

For Blue the approach I took was -

Player 169

1X2X2X1X4X3X '2X ' ' '1O

2O2O2O1O2O4O ' ' ' ' '1O

Player 275

Position ID: bb0zAADb2gMFAA Match ID: cAkAAAAAAAAA

Simply move the checker on the n7 to join the other one on the 1 Super and the checker on n0 forward to the n-2. This is a count of 3 pips.

I know the full home board is an instant count of -5 and two checkers on the 2 super give a count of 2 - this is therefore -3 plus 3 pips -3(3)

This is baby pip counting but it is very low and you get a very quick score.

White

Player 169

1X2X2X1X4X3X '2X ' ' '1O

2O2O2O1O2O4O ' ' ' ' '1O

Player 275

Position ID: bb0zAADb2gMFAA Match ID: cAkAAAAAAAAA

For white the approach I took was to again try and create a full home board for an instant count of -5. I moved one checker from n-1 to n-2 and another from n-1 to n-5. I partially offest by moving the two checkers on n2 to n3 for a net 3 pips.

The pair on n3 is an instant count of 1 so -5 +1 gives -4 and add the three pips gives a total count of -4(3)

If the use of the baby pip counting here was not the correct approach I am happy to be corrected - it just appeared the easiest approach for me but I will now look to see how others did it!

Jim

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.