[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Rockwell/Kazaross MET available for XG users

Posted By: David Rockwell
Date: Saturday, 27 February 2010, at 6:46 p.m.

In Response To: Rockwell/Kazaross MET available for XG users (Phil Simborg)

The differences are small. We understood this before the project began.

The most common practical change which I have seen is the take point for the leader at 2a 3a. This drops from 27% to 26%. The difference is less than 1%, but rounds to a full percent. The reason that the take point drops is that the leader's chances are better than previously assumed in the most common variation, a single win by the doubler.

I think this is a good theme for OTB thinking and adjustments to this or any MET. With your given opponent of the moment, how well can you expect to use the leverage as the trailer when you are behind? And you should also consider the converse of course. In the instance above, you have the choice between playing DMP vs (match win or a game at GG.) If it is a close call, do you have a bigger playing advantage against this opponent at DMP or at GG?

I have one frequent opponent who plays matches while leading as if it is a money game. I lean towards early match takes with this opponent knowing that my chances are a little better when behind than the MET shows even after considering skill differential. I know I'm going to win a lot of 4 point games when behind.

Aim a match towards your strength and your opponent's weakness.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.