[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Rockwell/Kazaross MET available for XG users

Posted By: David Rockwell
Date: Saturday, 27 February 2010, at 7:21 p.m.

In Response To: Rockwell/Kazaross MET available for XG users (neilkaz)

I agree with Neil's comments about bots trained for GG etc.

I think there is another improvement which may allow a step forward in accuracy in the future. The key parameter in the table construction is the MWC (match winning chances) calculated for each rollout. I don't understand how GNU calculates this number very well, but we used it anyway. An improvement would be to capture all possible results (single point drops, gammon wins, double out on a four cube, etc. etc.) and apply each to the appropriate MET points. What we did is supposed to accomplish that. However, if approximations are involved, as I suspect there are, then there is room for improvement.

You can get the numbers I described from GNU. And, I experimented with it. But, you can't store them anywhere and there are other practical problems. Furthermore, they are compiled without variance reduction. So the number of rollouts needed would increase to some prohibitive amount.

I may experiment further with this idea in the near future. But, it would only be for very short matches. The main purposes of this work would be to illuminate the moving parts of the MET rather than to construct a new one. For example, how often does the leader play for and get a non-doubled gammon at 2a3a using "correct" checker and cube choices?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.