[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OLM Thurs. May 31

Posted By: John Little
Date: Thursday, 31 May 2007, at 8:58 a.m.

In Response To: OLM Thurs. May 31 (Stick)

We need to constrain his laggards and force him to play with the checkers in his prime, so I'd really like to have the bar point here. I count 12 shots for him if we bring two more builders down, and we're only slightly more likely to make the bar than we are to be hit-I count 15 numbers that don't break the 8 point, plus another 14 that make the 9 which would be nice to have too. On the other hand we can cover the outfield and hope to pick off the escapees and then hope to root a checker or two loose from the prime when they reenter, or at least get the bar or 9 started with a tempo if they escape. 13/10, 11/10 seems like the best way to execute that plan. The fewer shot/fewer builder plays like 14/11, 13/12 just seem indecisive to me. It's probably way too big, but I'm mesmerized by the symmetry of 13/12, 13/10. Half of his hitting numbers also make our bar point which would be a pretty unwelcome development if we chose one of the other plays.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.