[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

2nd Moves

Posted By: Keene
Date: Thursday, 31 May 2007, at 8:33 p.m.

In Response To: 2nd Moves (Marty Storer)

There was some rollouts done on it last year - I think Neil Kaz posed the question on GoL, and as I recall the difference was about 0.02 or thereabouts.

I really prefer 8/7(2) largely because it makes an insta 3prime, which if missed has 18 ways to make a 4prime instantly (15 5s, 42 & 22). So for me, although its a longer odds sequence to make it, its something I like the look of.

Opp needs to hit with 6s or 7s (15+4), and you need to roll an 18/36 number, so its roughly a 1/4 shot. I like the benefits attached to it. Also, it doesnt open 55 as a giant joker (hitting 2, making 2 points), and 64 is a bonus also if opp fails to hit.

I can see the benefits to splitting at the back with 24/22, but in this instance, I often feel that attack is the best form of defence. I also dont particularly mind getting hit either, as opp will be largely undeveloped, and it gives you an excellent opportunity to start challenging for an advanced anchor.

Really, its a question of technique, and this is mine (for this sequence at least), mostly because I understand it, and I prefer it.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.