[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Excessive criticism?

Posted By: Stick
Date: Saturday, 10 April 2010, at 4:44 a.m.

In Response To: Excessive criticism? (Timothy Chow)

If your job is to calculate the TP for a team of WC players and you calculate it wrong then why did you volunteer or were you volunteered for the job in the first place? (if you were assigned as the pip counter and gave us a wrong count, would this person be more, less, or just as culpable?) I was told our TP was about 20% and I acted on that information, I didn't think we had quite enough but thought it would be close. If I had been informed our TP was 17% my decision would have swung drastically in one snatch like motion. This is the reason after our drop I was unwilling to make a bet with anyone on the decision, because I wasn't the person who figured out all the details I didn't want to make the bet.

I don't think anyone is being too hard on the World team, or maybe it's that I just don't care, as always, I'll make another blunder in the next match I play that people can talk about. As noted, implementing such strategies on paper and in actual play aren't as easy as they seem, esp. when you have a Falafelfish at the helm and some players not as confident as others in the background. To ask what role Peter or Katja or Fernando was assigned misses the point. Everyone doesn't need to be assigned a specific task. I was assigned no task either but for the most part kept a running pip count when I thought it was necessary and made myself vocal when I had feelings one way or another about a decision. That is the most important I believe, letting it be known how you feel and the confidence you have in your decision when a decision arises ... not having the gammon value on a 4 cube ready to shoot from the hip when that information borders on worthless.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.