[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Excessive criticism?

Posted By: mochy
Date: Saturday, 10 April 2010, at 7:29 a.m.

In Response To: Excessive criticism? (Stick)

First of all, our team was really the best. I really enjoyed playing with them. Thanks to the all team mates. As well as they are all very strong (In NO2010, Falafel was finalist, Michy was semifinalist lost to falafel, I won SuperJP), but we are also well organized as team.

Perry's e-mail was really interesting and inspired us some ways although we didn't use it as he suggests. In my mind, task per person were as follows.

Stick - Opening, 2nd ,3rd,4th moves are his field. so let him decide in first few moves. Voting is meaningless if someone knows the answer. He and Falafel were main players.

Falafel - ofcouse he was the decider, he listend to opinions of us and decide what to do. Initially (before we get together) I was afraid that he might be deaf and always wants to make his play, but I was COMPLETELY wrong. He was very fair and good listner yet focus on making right play so sometimes he could overrule us (when he is very sure about the move and others are not). When he overrule us, usually he is right and even he is wrong, margin of mistake is small.

Me(mochy) - What can I add to all those good players? not very much. So I became time keeper, who keep eyes on the clock and prevent us using too much time on subtle moves. I also encouraged other team mates to speak up more of their opinion.I was pip tracker and EPC counter as well, I can be very good at ending position if I was given certain amount of time.

Matt - He took care of match equity tables and gammon values.

Katja - She can understand danish! The danes know it so that they can't speak as free as they could.

Michy, Braconi, Peter - They were not assigned to any specific tasks, but their opinion were always count. Also every player listed above also joined the vote in case it is necessary. Majority is usually right in backgammon.

As for bad 4 cube drops, caculating TP was everything. If Someone knows TP was 17%, I'm pretty sure we took that cube. I don't know how Matt comes to 20% , but I calculated a bit more than 20% by using Neil's number and Kit's technique in lopsided score.(I assumed we always win 8points if we win. Then we lose 4points 50% of the time and 8points 50% of the time if we lose.) There were no miscalculating in the way, but resut was simply different. I still don't know what was the right way to calculate TP at that score.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.