[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Excessive criticism?

Posted By: Matt Cohn-Geier
Date: Saturday, 10 April 2010, at 10:09 a.m.

In Response To: Excessive criticism? (Stick)

If your job is to calculate the TP for a team of WC players and you calculate it wrong then why did you volunteer or were you volunteered for the job in the first place? (if you were assigned as the pip counter and gave us a wrong count, would this person be more, less, or just as culpable?)

I believed, and still believe, that Mochy & I were best qualified for calculating match equities and take points. I don't think anyone disagreed. That might have been different if O'Hagan or Neil or Francois was on the team. Counting pips is a bit different since it's a hell of a lot easier and you can verify everything on the board. Even still, in 99 cases out of 100 both Mochy & I are going to be right.

As I mentioned I feel like this pass was my fault. However I did not make an arithmetical error. This was a problem with Neil's #s and the way I was calculating the TP. I did it again later that night and came up with the same thing, and Mochy came up with something even more conservative, so something went wrong somewhere.

I don't think any team is going to avoid making mistakes in every position. Also, I doubt if many/any teams are going to be able to average below 2.0.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.