[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Longest Message Ever - Nordic 2010

Posted By: Stick
Date: Saturday, 10 April 2010, at 10:49 p.m.

In Response To: Longest Message Ever - Nordic 2010 (christian munk-christensen)

I wish I could write more about the main event itself but as you probably noticed, I was wrapped up in the 'side' event. I managed to win my first two matches in the main and was rolling along smoothly until the inevitable hit.

Someone else from the tournament would be much more qualified to discuss how it was ran. To me it seemed to go off fine and as for the level of play I'm really not sure. Since most of the Danes from the DK v. the World team didn't enter the main event that left the main event not being as strong as it could have been. I also saw some rather high error rates from the limited amount of matches I saw.

One thing that was lacking was water. As lame as that sounds I don't think I've ever been to a tournament where there wasn't free water available to all the players. Here if you wanted water you had to pay a lung or a kidney. Ridiculous.

I did hear penalty points and forfeits being announced, always a good sign of a tourney trying to keep on schedule. The tournament also provided a lot of boards, clocks, etc...

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.