[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Excessive criticism?

Posted By: Casper van der Tak
Date: Sunday, 11 April 2010, at 7:18 a.m.

In Response To: Excessive criticism? (Matt Cohn-Geier)

I am wondering whether in a team format, it would be better to report some of the take points that are well defined without trying to take into account the recube vig. For example, assume you report the take points assuming 100% efficient recubes, and assuming a dead cube. Then the team as a whole could discuss recube vig. Assessing the recube vig is more of a judgment call, and having the more judges involved would improve the decision-making. What do you think, would this be a better way to organize this part of the team play?

I also have a question about the calculation of the take points. Did you calculate in the gammon fractions? I am asking because I suspect that even though the gammon fractions are limited, they will have a big impact on the recube vig, and I am trying to figure out where the high recube vig might come from in this position.

BTW, thanks for explaining the team processes and your own calculation here!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.