[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Excessive criticism?

Posted By: Timothy Chow
Date: Tuesday, 13 April 2010, at 3:08 p.m.

In Response To: Excessive criticism? (Casper van der Tak)

Casper van der Tak wrote:

I am wondering whether in a team format, it would be better to report some of the take points that are well defined without trying to take into account the recube vig.

This was my thought exactly. In fact I am quite surprised to learn that apparently MCG and Mochy were supposed to report a takepoint that took recube vig into account already. For an analogy, I could imagine delegating the task of computing the raw pip count or even something like the Keith count, which is well-defined, but to delegate the task of estimating wastage (in the sense of epc), which in practice involves some judgment, doesn't sound like the best team strategy.

I'm wondering whether this position is an example where estimating recube vig via effective gammons, as I explained in this thread, works better than the traditional method of guessing an intermediate point between live and dead cubes. I'll put that analysis on my todo list. I'm convinced that effective gammons are valuable tool when it comes to these tough match cube decisions, but so far I think I've only managed to convince Joe Russell. I guess I need to work out more concrete examples to prove my case.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.