[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Please Don't Comment upcoming Cubes

Posted By: Timothy Chow
Date: Monday, 26 April 2010, at 4:08 p.m.

In Response To: Please Don't Comment upcoming Cubes (Seth)

Seth wrote:

DON'T WANT TO BE INFLUENCED BY WHAT I READ

The way to do this, if you have the self-discipline to do it, is not to read anybody's comments on any moves until the entire game is over.

Though Jason would still have to cooperate by not posting bot information along the way. I actually think that this is a good idea. I note, for example, that Jason didn't post bot information about the previous checker play because that would give away information about what the bot thought about the upcoming cube. More generally, I think that posting bot information about the previous move can give away information about how to play upcoming moves. Say, for example, that the back checkers need to be split but the team votes not to split. Immediately after playing our move, we learn that the bot thinks it was a whopper not to split. Now on the next move we have a chance to split again, and although the position is slightly different, the information that splitting was hugely right on the previous move will "contaminate" our evaluation.

I'd recommend not posting bot information until we're clearly past the point where it could make any difference to our upcoming decisions.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.