[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OLM Wed. June 6th - Cube

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Wednesday, 6 June 2007, at 3:08 p.m.

In Response To: OLM Wed. June 6th - Cube (Stick)

The two roll sequence went well for Stick. I don't consider us TG now. We do have a couple bad sequences (particularly 5-3).

Both sides are playing with fire now (well, us for sure -- Stick can't get burned unless we ship it). These matchscore decisions really separate the very best matchplayers from the rest of us, IMO.

I remember a Consolation semifinal match I played against Neil at the 2003 Indy Open (I had to look up the date :). He cubed me to 4 and I took when well behind (but we were much closer to the end of the match than here). Neil said afterward that his cube was a mistake because when things went his way he was going to win a G much of the time (so he didn't need to cube) and when they went my way, well, of course he didn't want me owning the cube. (Classic "not good enough and too good", simulataneously.)

This OLM decision is different since we can use all of the eight points that a gammon on a 4-cube brings. I think that's enough. Time to put the pressure on Stick.

Redouble.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.