[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OLM Su 04/25/10

Posted By: Stick
Date: Monday, 26 April 2010, at 6:56 p.m.

In Response To: OLM Su 04/25/10 (Jason Lee)

When I see people take this kind of cube I always ask myself what it is they see that I'm blind to. You're losing in every aspect of this game. You're getting beat fairly bad in the race, you haven't escaped your last man which is not at the edge of a 4 prime, you get gammoned significantly more than the fluke gammons which you win, yada yada yada.

This reminds me of a cube when I was playing doubles with Evan Etter. Our opponents were pretty bad to say the least and we cubed them in a position much like this except their position was 3x weaker. They were down almost 3x as much in the race, they had no board, and our attacking threat of the lone back checker was greater. We cubed (technically tg!?) and they went into the tank. I have even described this incident before on the forums because these guys wanted to take a break mid game during their cube decision! What's even better, we let them -- let them figure out a way to take this cube whether it's cheating by asking a friend or I don't know what. Sure, they could have went and looked at a bot and saw it said MONSTER FKIN PASS in the take/pass line but they didn't seem this type of people to me.

To our joy, after they came back from their break they took. I'm sure that was one of my toughest poker face moments because on the inside I was laughing my ass off.

Anyway, clear pass here.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.