[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OLM Thurs. 6/7 reasons...

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Thursday, 7 June 2007, at 10:48 p.m.

In Response To: OLM Thurs. June 7th (neilkaz)

I don't understand the need to be hit by 8/3 which I think results in fewer G's won and may not clean up so well. Rejected immediately !!

Maintaining the prime gives 20 break numbers, and also may break White later,, but also seems more likely to blot or double blot later in the bearoff and since clearing the 8 pt gives 20 crack numbers, I think it NOT best to maintain the prime.

Clearing the 7 pt is a squeeze play and also if we do blot on the 8 pt it is fewer shots than if we blot on the 7 pt. This must be a very strong candidate, but when White runs with a 6 we have only 3 builders to attack on the ace pt. Sometimes White surives this attack and saves G.

So..I clear the 8 pt..16 crack numbers and plenty of spares and kills our 5's as well for now.

I could easily be talked into clearly the 7 pt, but the other plays aren't my choice.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.