[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Firing squad quiz

Posted By: Chase
Date: Sunday, 9 May 2010, at 11:27 p.m.

In Response To: Firing squad quiz (Timothy Chow)

1. 24/18 13/11. Ahead in the race with a stronger board, so running is thematic, but I stop on the 18pt so I can get more return shots. White gives up a lot if he hits with a 1.

2. b/18. I'm in danger in getting trapped on the 24pt, so I want to take action before White improves. Maybe I'll get some returns, plus many of White's hitting rolls make his 5pt, which wouldn't be good if I stay back.

3. b/21 8/5. If I get away with the racing play, I still have huge problems on my side of the board. I think it's safer in the long term to try to do something about the stacked offense while staying relatively safe on the 21pt.

4. 13/7 22/18 seems fairly clear. After covering, any other 4 leaves shots anyway. I'm ahead in the race and White has an inner blot to worry about.

5. b/21 14/11. Coming out the the 18pt gives White a lot of shots, many of which cover. If I stay back I think I'm more likely to get an anchor or some returns. I'm behind in the race anyway.

6. 23/16. Normally I'd stop on the 18pt because of the return shots, but if I'm hit on the 16pt, I have nice return 6s from the bar, so I'll go with 23/16

7. b/21 4/1. No shots, and I have a good chance to take control of the outfield.

8. b/18. Tough to run right into the middle of it all, but i don't want to leave a second blot or to move my well-placed spares. Hopefully I can get some return shots.

Tough problems (except #4, which seems clear to me, so I'll probably get it wrong). I find these are some of the tougher decisions even though the best play is often notably better. Thanks for putting this together. Let me know if you need help rollout them out.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.