[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

For GoL members/OLM question

Posted By: MandM1951
Date: Sunday, 10 June 2007, at 1:37 p.m.

In Response To: For GoL members/OLM question (Stick)

I assume from your responses below that you’re asking mostly to determine what to do with your bgonline OLM, rather than to try to change Kit’s OLM. Perhaps, then, I haven’t yet earned the right to chime in, having not yet posted in the bgonline match. (I just started frequenting this site during the exodus from Gammonline over Play65.) Yet here goes anyway: As I see it, both OLMs are (1) fun matches to play and (2) learning experiences. Moreover, it seems (and I don’t mean to put words in your and Kit’s mouths) that your primary goal with the bgonline OLM is to play a match. The learning that goes on by comparing one’s move and reasoning with those of others is secondary. And in Kit’s OLM, the learning (and his teaching in his posts) are more prominent. If that is the case, the two formats work well for their intended purposes, imo. – To “vote” on a issue raised in others’ posts in this threat, I personally would like to see right in your posting of the new position that we are voting on, the rolls and moves in the nexts that led up to that position. I understand that they can now be found in a link. Would it be much harder to put them right in the "today's position" post?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.