[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

n odd

Posted By: Nack Ballard
Date: Monday, 17 May 2010, at 6:46 p.m.

In Response To: n odd (Bob Koca)

I don't know if it could have gotten that far, because I'm not exactly sure what (with your algorithm) qualifies as an automatic B move, and an acceptable B move, and what doesn't.

I'm skeptical of any strategy that plays randomly until there are n-2 in a line. I believe I've already shown that playing randomly before that on a 3x3 grid doesn't work, and that X-ing with fewest in a line doesn't work (indeed, opening a1 can only be beaten by a move on the same line).

If you could convey an entire 5x5 game in which your proposed B strategy (even if its just an end-strategy) is consistently employed, I'll be happy to comment further. Algebraic notation (sans diagrams) is sufficient, but please state which moves are chosen randomly, semi-randomly (i.e., arbitrarily chosen among moves that both/all qualify), and strategically forced.

Cheers,

Nack

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.