[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OLM Fri. June 15th

Posted By: Philippe Michel
Date: Friday, 15 June 2007, at 7:02 p.m.

In Response To: OLM Fri. June 15th (Stick)

24/15

I don't like slotting the back of the prime at all. It looks like overkill when it works and quite costly when it doesn't.

Regarding the moves starting with 24/18, I think 18/15 next is better than 14/11. Two blots is direct range doesn't seem to be a big problem ; they seldom are hit both. Limping to the 18pt with the last backman is suspect in general IMHO.

Regarding 24/15 vs. 14/5, my reasons for preferring running are more or less the same than Stick's in his thread with Neil.

14/5 is passive with little pressure against a fleeing backman or a White forward position that isn't particularly awkward.

When 24/15 works, we're almost home safe; when 14/5 works we get what ? a direct shot ?

When 24/15 doesn't work we're somewhat worse than now positionally but at least White's midpoint is usually gone and we often have return shots, sometimes many of them ; when 14/5 doesn't work we have burnt a little timing and White has made tangible progress, not always a big setback, but at best a slippery slope.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.