[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Crawford Backgame

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 19 June 2007, at 2:19 p.m.

In Response To: Crawford Backgame (Ian Dunstan)

24/23 8/4 NEXT! That's right, you heard me say it.

First of all your timing isn't that suspect. It could be improved, certainly, but it's not like next roll (barring those nasty big doubles) you're under any real strain. You have the midpoint to break and bring in & your spares on the 6 pt. are well placed. On top of this while you are hemmed in, you aren't completely hemmed. It's only a 4 prime and after my play you'll have 1s & 2s to bring a checker up & prepare to escape him. On top of all that, remember though ideally you would like to keep both those anchors you don't have to. You may want to drop into a straight two point game.

Since it is only a 4 prime if you make my play you still have thoughts of winning going forward. Any of the other whackjob plays commit to one route, and not a pretty one at that. With the best 3 points in your homeboard if you do hit a shot any time you'll be a nuisance to say the least to your opponent.

I wouldn't roll this out because it may take too long but it's not that I 'wouldn't trust either bot at this score', it's the Crawford game, there's no cube, I trust GNU to handle the score correctly, it's the checker play I'm worried about! If you want some answers firm answers and don't believe my yippin', why not do a Snowie [who I'd trust to play this out properly from both sides] cubeless rollout? It would give you an idea at least.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.