[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OT - Playboy

Posted By: mamabear
Date: Tuesday, 19 June 2007, at 7:52 p.m.

In Response To: OT - Playboy (Stick)

My friends and I used to read the "letters to the editor" and "advice columns" in Playboy, Penthouse, Cosmopolitan, and others at parties back in the day. Once I turned 18, it kind of lost something, and after 21 it wasn't fun at all any more. Our conclusion even then was that the wackier the items, the greater probability that they were pure baloney--but that they were hilarious reading just the same. This one pegs my Bogometer, but it's more gross than funny, probably because the person's trying so earnestly to score points against religion by picking apart some ancient history.

Jesus, the son of God explains the Father in the story of the Prodigal Son; himself, as the Good Shepherd; and what the Spirit will inspire us to do in the story of the Good Samaritan. He didn't feel any need to dredge up the practices of people at the dawn of civilization, nor do very many other people, fortunately.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.