[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Q&D GNU-bg numbers

Posted By: Stick
Date: Wednesday, 20 June 2007, at 6:09 p.m.

In Response To: Q&D GNU-bg numbers (Chuck Bower)

FWIW, even those of you who don't trust GNU here will be interested to know that it's 1st choice at 2-ply was 24/23, 8/4. Does that make you feel better about this play, or worse?? :)

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut ... now really, I'll take Snowie every day of the week and twice on my favorite day of all [holler@bigman.hvn] in backgame situations but that doesn't mean GNU blows every play. I'm sure it gets its fair share correct, but the examples/times I've seen it made some asinine play have convinced me overall Snowie is much more trustworthy in this realm.

Do you subscribe to the Chicago Point Chuck? If so you may want to look for an article that will be coming out probably next month that Nack is writing. I think it will touch on (this is me infering from what I've seen/noted, so if I'm completely wrong it's because ... well, I'm completely wrong) play according to score (with SW & GNU) is sometimes overvalued. It will be a bunch of DMP situations rolled out with both bots.

No cube here and CPAtS doesn't matter much, as Neil mentioned. I'm sure 24/23 8/4 would roll out just fine w/GNU because I believe it is cleary the best play, crystal!

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.