[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

A couple of match cubes:

Posted By: Stick
Date: Thursday, 21 June 2007, at 1:30 p.m.

In Response To: A couple of match cubes: (DC-Ohio)

First position looks like a standard DT. Blue is way up in the race, a little ahead in development but still his stacked 6 pt. isn't the prettiest thing in the world. Any improvement coupled with a poor reply by White would lose his market. I see a lot of people wait until there's no play left in these types of positions before they cube, in other words, they've lost their market by a mile. It's important to do it now, 1 man back v. 3, White on the bar, etc... White has the long term game plan if nothing comes of the short term plan. Good structure + an anchor and a chance to counterprime/attack even one checker adds up to a big take too. DT

Second position I wonder if it's a beaver for money and since the score has not a whole hell of a lot of effect right now it can't be a cube. Blue's 3 checkers on White's ace point is the dementor's kiss in my book. Aside from that only sixes cover the blot & then Blue only has a 4 pt. board w/gap gap being fairly ugly and impossible to fill anytime soon w/3 men again, back on the ace point! We could continue on how solid White's position is and all the counterplay that's bursting from the seams but it's 9:30am, I've typed enough. ND/T(B)

Simple DP? Even I don't play on here, and I play on in a lot of 'iffy' positions. If you roll one of your miracle rolls, 21 or 11, then you boost yourself up to 5% Gs won roughly?! Woo hoo! I'm not optimistic enough to give my opponent turn after turn to roll that 61 from the bar. Any ace entry you have to cash, I think it best to cash now. DP.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.