[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

The Luck base Rating

Posted By: eXtreme Gammon
Date: Saturday, 31 July 2010, at 6:17 p.m.

In Response To: The Luck base Rating (Christian Plenz)

• Matches

The "Luck base Rating" is displayed only if the match last known equity is above 99.9% or under 0.1%. It means it may not be displayed if a player resigned early. It is only displayed in the match summary

The calculation made is

• VR1 := res-CostLuck;
    • VR2 := 1/(1+EXP((0.5-VR1)*4)); // sigmoid with a derivative of +1 at VR=0.5

The use of the sigmoid allows to handle cases where VR1 is less than 0% or more than 100%. The slope is +1 around 50% which mean that aroudn that point the relation is linear (VR2≈VR1 when VR1 is around 0.5). Before anyone ask: there is no mathematical reasoning for choosing that formula other than my intuition that it's the one that fit the best.

Then the dElo is calculated from the Elo formula inverting VR2=1/(10^(delo/2000*sqrt(N))+1)

The final Elo displayed is (for each player): (Elo1+Elo2)/2 +/- delo/2

• Money

The total is displayed for each game and the overall session. no matter what is the current status of the game (meaning it is not very useful until the game is ended)

• ppg =result-luck
    • dElo= ppg/0.100*50

The final Elo displayed is (for each player): (Elo1+Elo2)/2 +/- delo/2

PS: I hope the grammar police will not go after me. If so I'll call the French consulate in Chicago for protection!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.