[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Nactation postings - Update August 2010.

Posted By: storm
Date: Sunday, 29 August 2010, at 3:51 p.m.

In Response To: Nactation postings. (storm)

To find info, examples and guidelines on Nactation beyond the Nactation tutorial , I have skimmed through a number of postings on the site. For easier reference for myself and others, I have tried to group postings roughly by included topics. Some postings will appear in several groups. The list does *not* contain all postings related to Nactation. In some cases, you will have to look through a non-trivial number of lines before finding the specified topic.

Definitions

Definitions and descriptions not yet in the tutorial and extensions of existing definitions.

Extensions

S extended: " ... S applies even when you are not breaking an anchor."

B extended: "I did, however, broaden the definition of B (the simplistic one being "Both up and down") to include aces within the outer board."

Back quadrant: " ... the entire far side minus the midpoint (25pt to 14pt) is actually considered the back quadrant for most purposes."
The link gives an example of the relevance to E.

Meaning of e: ""E" means that half of the play is made in Each inner board. When more than one such play exists, "e" is the one that doesn't anchor."

O extended: "The strict definition states that half the move is played out of the Outer board ... and the other half is played into the Outer board. ... into/within is a small technicality."

New letters and symbols

Y: "Yoga split" is defined in Y1 and GYM.
G: "Gremlin split" is defined in GYM.
@: "anchor" is mentioned in @,
&: "double-slot" appears at the bottom of &.

Entering and dancing: Bar1 Bar2

Families and examples

For the general description of Nactation families (aka Nactation hierarchies) see Nactation families I and Nactation families II.

D: D1 P P1 R: R1 R2 $: $1 $2

U/V: U/V1 U/V2 H: H1

BEACON: Overview

E: E1 A: A2 C: C1 O: O1 O2 O3 O4 N: N1

T: T1 L: L1 I: I1 J: J1 W: W1 W2 Y: Y1 Y2 Y3 GYM G: GYM

Conventions

Slotting rules
Anchoring: "When moving a back checker, anchoring takes precedence over not anchoring. [U/V is an exception, but I'm thinking of removing it.]"
6pt vs most points convention: " ... most number of points ... takes precedence over 6pt convention."

Numerals

Examples of using numerals in Nactation

numerals1 numerals2 numerals3

Nacbracs

Examples of the usage and interpretation of nacbracs

nacbracs1 nacbracs2

Game sequences

Longer game sequences annactated.

sequence1 sequence2

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.