[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Dizzy with the Quizzy

Posted By: Mislav Radica
Date: Monday, 2 July 2007, at 12:46 p.m.

In Response To: Dizzy with the Quizzy (Stick)

1) 24/20 13/8

I don't like 6/2* play it goes too deep. Better is running play 24/15 but white has double shot and we have only few returns. My move try to make advanced anchor and unstack midpoint and put useful spare on 8pt.In addition put pressure on whites blot in outfield. There is some danger of PoH or hit lose bcuz white has nine checkers in the zone but I think it is early in the game and have to take some risks.

2) This one is difficult for me. I saw 24/16* ; 24/20(2) ; 24/22(2) 6/4(2) ; 13/11(2) 6/4(2) as serious candidates. Normal play is 6/4(2) 13(2) which make new inner point and make 11pt which is six pips from 5pt. Hitting play is not bad bcuz white has threat to make some new points but it seems to me as wasting such fine roll. Not moving back checkers looks me bad when white has all that checkers to make new inner point. Also I like to make new inner point with 6/4(2). My first choice is 24/22(2) 6/4(2) ans second 24/20(2) bcuz it make almost useless all those white checkers but I think can't be winner when miss chance to improve blues board.

3)Two candidates are 13/8 6/5 and 13/8 24/23. I like both but as I remember well some rollut results sloting play is better. Have to confess that like split more before. It goes for better control of the outfiled while white has all those checkers on midpoint which look for unstack. Slot is faster way to improve our board which we need after hit. We don't mind if white hit us bcut we are already behind int he race and white has no board at all.I will try both moves.

4)I play standard 24/23 13/11 here but think 24/21 is close. Don't like slot and split off course. Second candidate is 6/5 13/11 but is do nothing with our back checker which is important after white made bar point so split and down for me.

5)Hit and split or run or hit and down. I think blue have to hit here. After move he is not ahead in the race so why race. For the six I like 13/7 it unstack midpoint and get one more buider. In addition it is danger to split on bar point when white has spare on 8pt. It gives him good 1s and 6s. 13/7 gives only good 6s. white structure is attacking ones so spliting would be err IMHO. 6/3* 13/7 for me.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.