[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Answers

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 3 July 2007, at 2:14 p.m.

In Response To: Dizzy with the Quizzy (Stick)

1. 21S 54? Everyone did well with this play. It's tempting to hit loose here after playing 24/20 and often right in early game play when coming under the gun. (it's barely correct to hit after 41S) Best though is the simple 24/20 13/8. Against a weaker player it's quite feasible to hit off the ace point. Bonus question, after 21S 54S how would you play a 65 for White?

2. 54D 22? My normal 'opening rule' reply rule goes something like this: If your opponent hasn't made a home board point then play double twos 13/11(2) 6/4(2) All rules seem to have exceptions and when you toss in a builder on the 9 pt. things change. Here the correct play is 24/22(2) 6/4(2) by quite a bit, almost a .05 error to play 11(2) 4(2)! White has a lot of men in the zone, it's best to neutralize his attack before it gets started and put pressure on that blot.

3. 65R 51? After an opening 65 you slot slot slot with any unnatural ace! Unnatural meaning non point making. You're behind in the race and even though the rollouts show the split to be close, both bots agree by about .01 that the slot is better. I prefer the slot trying to seize the advantage in development and don't think future bots will overturn this play. If anything they may learn to play more men back correctly and it will become more right.

4. 61P 21? Must slot!!! Everyone got this wrong?! I yelled about this play over @ GoL before. The short explanation, we need good sixes, we unstack, we start our best point, and I don't see how 24/23 is 'thematic'? It applies minor pressure to the 8 pt., yippers. Splitting is almost a .03 error and I never did roll out 24/21 because I felt it was wasn't a contender, Snowie 3 ply has it back by .045.

5. 52S 63? Some of you gave up mass amounts of equity here by hitting. The simple running play of 24/15 is correct. The split is too many shots and the hits are too goosey. The hits range in as almost blunders, around .07 errors.

Now for those of you who were brave enough to answer and not look @ the site before posting I do applaud your efforts. Don't pay me any attention (per usual) with what I'm about to say ... why the **** not at least memorize (though better to study) the replies and cut out on the big errors/blunders you're making when the information is right here in front of you? You see an error you made that's .05 to .07 wrong and you can completely void it from your game with minimal effort? These opening move replies come up again and again and again which means that again and again and again you're chucking (OH ... new term, CHUCKing!!) off large slices of equity.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.