[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Mary who... ?

Posted By: mamabear
Date: Tuesday, 3 July 2007, at 5:34 p.m.

In Response To: Thanks a lot... (Chuck Bower)

I like Splot plays more than most people do, but not with #4 here. In fact, it came up when I played with Stick just the other night. I played 6/5, 13/11 without even ducking to see if he was going to Chuck something at me, or Stick it in Snowie, which was waiting by the board in his comp just in case we had to look something up. (I hope you two can Bear with hearing more puns on your names...)

Maybe the ones you are thinking of involving 21 are when the opponent plays it slotting, and I roll a 63 or 62. In both cases I like 13/7 with a split in the back, which definitely qualifies as a Splot. I haven't looked up Stick's latest rollouts of these, but guess what? No matter what they say, I'm going to keep making those plays because I like them!

I have also occasionally been known to play an opening 41 as a Splot when the opponent rolls a 61 and makes the bar. I believe this play to be unsound, and certainly wouldn't do it in an Open tournament, but in skittles games it's often fun to see how people respond to it.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.