[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OLM Mon. July 9th

Posted By: Matt Cohn-Geier
Date: Monday, 9 July 2007, at 3:48 p.m.

In Response To: OLM Mon. July 9th (MandM1951)

It's much easier and faster to visualize than to try to go through all 36 numbers. So you should see that with the 6 point stripped, any combination of 6's, 5's, 4's, and 2's will allow Blue to clear the point (as well as 11). The critical numbers are the ones where Blue has gaps. Blue has a gap on the three point (three away from the 6 point) and a gap on the five point (one away from the 6 point). Since you want to clear from the rear, check out the rolls that contain a 3 or a 1. I just start at the top and work my way down: 61 51 leave shots, 41 doesn't, and so 31 and 21 play. 63 53 also leave shots, 43 doesn't, so 23 and 13 don't. 33 is not particularly happy though. So that's 8 shot leaving numbers.

Also take note of doubles and indirects. When you're odd on two high points, two bigs or doubles will often leave a shot. Here numbers like 64 play since Blue has a playable 4 (as well as 3, 2, and 1). So the only shot leaving number with Blue odd is 65.

7/2 6/2 for me. Huge double jeopardy issue, and Stick's home board is really weak but improving quickly. I'd rather leave a shot next turn than one two turns from now.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.