[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

What's worse than going 0-3 in Novi?

Posted By: Matt Cohn-Geier
Date: Monday, 9 July 2007, at 10:55 p.m.

In Response To: What's worse than going 0-3 in Novi? (Chuck Bower)

I also bought myself back in the Calcutta, so if I had won consolation, I would have gotten Calcutta money from it (of course, there is also the possibility that after not throwing the first match, I'll beat someone in my Calcutta field. The whole thing can become rather complicated). Without going through the math, I think my equity in trying to win Consolation would be greater than throwing the match to get into the Blitz. In any case, I doubt Jeb can complain since he got me with a blind bid in Chicago. And both times my field went for below average.

In the newcomers freeroll (3 point matches) with a $500 payout to the 2 finalists ($320/$180), I made the semis before losing. So I ended up with nothing there also. And I entered a $100, 16-player Jackpot for Intermediate players (7 point matches). I won the first game in my first match to take a 1-0 lead, then lost the second game on an 8 cube.

Losing quickly allowed me to watch a lot of games, though. I watched Neil quite often. He really plays to the crowd. Heck, even when I'm the only spectator, he's still entertaining me with his banter.

And hey, I should be allowed to sandbag at least until I get a job. I already spent as much money in Novi as I do in about 2 months of rent, food, and other living expenses. Things can go badly when you're an unemployed college grad and you're losing.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.