[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Defending against a super-agressive player

Posted By: Mislav Radica
Date: Tuesday, 10 July 2007, at 1:09 p.m.

In Response To: Defending against a super-agressive player (Keene)

I agree. It sounds to me like Turkish players style. I played this year in Velden, Austria vs few Turkish players and they (not everybody but the high majority) hit everything, didn't mind put many checker out of play on their ace or deuce points, like to play backgames without board or prime to contain your checkers after hit. They hit lose in offense without enough checkers in the zone to back them up.

Well, it is on the first time confusing but one just have to calm down and play modern game without falling into trap to play as they play and be patience.

From move to move their games will disintegrate. Such players also have poor cube handling, which is understanding bcuz his old rules are without cube at all. Off course they think they are big favorite when playing backgame.

There is one semi pro European player from Slovenia which like to slot, complicate and play backgames and he overestimate his winning chances so much as a backgame player. He is not such naive as they are, he is very strong player, won Falafel before few months in France with such style.

I was playing vs him and during the match I felt that his main game plan is to slot to put me in trap where I would hit all his checkers and redouble me after successful backgame. But he is not such exclusive, he was also trying to play two way game hoping to win frontward. But defensive approach is his speciality.

In consolation 9 pointer I started with 7-0 but he come back to 7-7. I beat him in DMP, btw. Poor Falafel :-)

This guy is marathon player and almost all his matches are so long.

Anyway, it is interesting to play vs somebody who has different style than usual "bot" style but one have to be in good shape and condition for such often long matches.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.