[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Now it's CoolRay's turn

Posted By: Matt Cohn-Geier
Date: Tuesday, 10 July 2007, at 7:43 p.m.

In Response To: Now it's CoolRay's turn (Chuck Bower)

Hitting must be wrong. Having White on the bar is only going to lead to big problems whether he hits or dances. So that leaves 8/3 8/5 and 8/3 7/4. At the time I thought the right play was 8/3 8/5. That works out better when White doesn't roll a 6 (Blue will have better attacking chances since 6's won't be duped, and he won't break the 7 point to hit with a 5), which is critical because he'll be cracking. If White does roll a 6, getting hit COULD preserve Blue's timing, but he might crash anyway.

Tough call though. Actually there are the really bad cracking variations where White rolls 33 or 44, where 8/3 7/4 is better since Blue has 4 builders. That might be enough to swing it, I don't know. I'll be interested in the rollout on this one.

There were some other plays that interested me in this match: the 16 where Ray had to choose between escaping and covering with 11 spare pips left, and the 64 in this game where he chose not to close White out.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.