[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Can XG's out-of-the-box default settings be changed so that they match generally agreed settings?

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Saturday, 23 October 2010, at 6:53 a.m.

In Response To: Can XG's out-of-the-box default settings be changed so that they match generally agreed settings? (higonefive)

I'm well aware of what we W/C players want for XG defaults as is Xavier and also well aware that almost every student of the game wants to conform to expert practices.

So for XG2 I have no doubt that using PR rather then Elo will be default. Also Outplays Off will be default. Not counting resign errors will be default since on some servers (not Xavier's Gammonsite) you may get them unfairly) and also wrong double take is an error will be default.

Perhaps some of these are default..my point is to experiment with setting if you're in doubt and your doubts may be put to rest..also call up the online help manual. If you then still are sure that you're in doubt, ask us here.

Also re XG1 or XG2...if anyone is sitting on the fence waiting for XG2, I assure you that its release won't be until a few months into the future, so just get XG now and then upgrade to XG2 most likely during the later part of the first quarter of next year.

And...with Xavier's permition, Dr Kaz will publish and spread around (a week or two prior to XG2 release) to various newsletters and websites (including those that I reckon still are under contract to promote the Ford Edsel that is Snowie) a couple of articles about XG's features and new XG2 features and also what RO settings I recommend depending on length of time desired for match analysis and computer speed. However, with XG1 now we do have many settings for match analysis...and, also the ability to create our own custom settings.

In the mean time, for almost anyone here, be it my old laptop or my supercomp 4.4 Ghz overclocked hexacore i7 with 12 threads due to HT, we want an analysis level that can give us a PR and positions to look at in real time.ie at most 10 minutes, and we also want a setting that can provide more accuracy but be finished overnight in 8 hours while we dream of why we won or lost than match.

So, with the usual 8 thread (~3GHz on turbo mode) i7 chips, it is W/C analysis for quick results and a custom setting that uses XGR+ as first pass and RO's (1296 games 3 ply) for 2nd pass) to often be finished overnight or certainly in less than a day except for a very long BK enhanced match.

Nuf said...I am under an NDA and have revealed TOO much allready .. neilkaz ..

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.