[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Has anyone ever thought of ...

Posted By: mamabear
Date: Thursday, 12 July 2007, at 10:30 p.m.

In Response To: Has anyone ever thought of ... (Stick)

...but unless I plan on one day writing a book [or series of books ;) with Mary's blunders in it ...

You can try, but you better get started soon. One individual that used to watch me a lot on-line told me he was saving all the games, in case I ever won the world championship. Then he would publish a book called "Mary Hickey's 300 Worst Plays". Of course, I told him I sincerely hope he gets the opportunity!

BTW I have more than enough material to write that book myself >>

And speaking of acronyms, abbreviations, and shorthand, I have a lot I use in my own notes that might or might not be helpful to anyone else. For example, I have a file called R5B, and it contains 30 or so positions where the key to the play is the fact someone has a five point board. R5B originally stood for, "Respect a Five Point Board". There, that's the first time I've written that out in years. The LRC file contains plays that Look Really Cool, when they're either right or at least are options worth considering. Pro Am plays are those that rightly differ depending on your opponent's playing skills. And of course, we can't forget about Splot, can we Chuck?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.