[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Has anyone ever thought of ...

Posted By: Ian Dunstan
Date: Friday, 13 July 2007, at 6:27 a.m.

In Response To: Has anyone ever thought of ... (Stick)

Some positions are easy, e.g. races, one-sided and two-sided holding games, backgames, etc. I haven't done this for myself, but I might do something like the following one day:

This is all just off the top of my head, but it might give someone some ideas.

H= holding game

R= race

B= blitz

P= prime

M= mixed (i.e. it's probably a bit of everything)

12H 0H

I'm playing a 1-2 backgame my opponent has no men back in my inner board. Note that I'm considering backgames as just a type of holding game.

23H 5H

Now I'm playing a 2-3 holding game and my opp. holds my 5pt.

5H 9H

I'm holding my opponent's 5pt, opp. has escaped as far as my 9pt.

[Note that I'm trying to stay with single digit numbers, so that something like 134H means a 1-3-4 backgame structure]

1P4-8

I'm priming men on my ace pt and I have my 4,5,6,7 and 8pts.

2P4-6,89

I'm priming (or at least that is my game plan) men on my deuce point and I hold my 4,5,6,8 and 9 pts.

2B136

Two men on the bar and I hold my 1,3 and 6pts.

I'm making this up as I type, but it might be a starting point for something worthwhile.

The biggest problem is all those 'mixed' positions. Positions where you are not necessarily racing, holding, priming or blitzing. They are a bit of everything.

PBM R

This could men a position where you consider that your primarily priming, but blitzing is on your mind as well. Opponent is just hoping to race. Perhaps the 'M' is redundant in this schema.

With a bit more thought I could get this schema to be a bit more consistent, but for now I'll just throw it out there for you guys to have a look at.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.