[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Super System I

Posted By: DC-Ohio
Date: Friday, 13 July 2007, at 5:42 p.m.

In Response To: Super System I (Chuck Bower)

Personally (Stick may disagree because he plays online poker) I feel that it's hard to compare poker to BG. BG, all the information is out in front of you, the cube is there, all the checkers are there, the match score is there, everything, the only thing you don't know is what your opponent is going to roll. Poker has far far less information to go off, and what may be a good play against one type of player, is a horrible play against another type of player. In BG, the top play is always the top play. (ok ok... always is a strong word).

If you are looking for a way to play hold em, my advice would be to pick up some of the stronger books and figure out what they are trying to say, then adapt a playing style that suits you and the people you play with. At a loose table, I tend to play tighter. At a tight table, I play more aggressive. At an agressive table, I try to trap. To take advantage of the people you are playing with, you have to be able to play several styles.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.