[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Strato says:

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 17 July 2007, at 12:56 a.m.

In Response To: Error/illegal move in MC Final (neilkaz)

Yes, we saw this, and I even have it on a video clip exactly as you describe it. I will publish the video soon. I told Hanna to please use the move that was played and I would add a note in the published match about the illegal move. We also still have the option to mark it as an illegal move in the match file, which we'll likely do, before we start giving it out to people.

To explain further, I wanted people to be able to see the final match as soon as I could get on GammonLife and we did put it up just two minutes before the Awards Ceremony was to start and then we ran not to miss photos of the players receiving their trophies. I did not have time to add the note, and then was busy formatting results later, after the Awards Ceremony. And then I needed sleep, badly, and today we travelled to Cannes and are setting up for another week of reporting from here. So I finally was able to sit in front of the computer again just now and check a few things and saw your post, which reminded me to add the note. Thanks.

The note says:

(Illegal move: In the move above, the roll was actually 6-3. Savio tried different plays but when he moves one of the dice out of the way to place a checker on a point it flips over to a 5 - it is clear to see this happens accidentally, and it seems to go unnoticed by the Savio, Pan and referee Luigi Villa as the die is not put back on a 6 immediately. Savio continues to try different moves using a 6 but when he tried a move with a 5, he is told to put the checkers back to the original position. Then, according to Savio after the match, Villa tells him he must play the numbers showing on the dice, a 5 and 3 and not a 6.)

Here is the 2007 World Championship Final match analyzed by Snowie Pro 4: http://www.gammonlife.com/2007wcfinal.html

By the way, the spectators went wild when this happened, and it seems Pan was meant to be the World Champion for he eventually hits Savio and Savio dances 8 times on a 4-point board (with the 5 and 6 points open).

Best regards,

Michael Strato Editor - GammonLife.com

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.