[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Roll 'em out roll 'em out

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 17 July 2007, at 10:38 a.m.

In Response To: Dizzy up the Girl - Quiz time #2 (Stick)

• #6 41$ 43 Correct is 24/21 24/20*. The second, and I'd dare say 'normal', choice is 24/20* 13/10. The action for now is going to take place in a battle for the 5 pts. Most of White's numbers will rehit on the five point and he'll be more than happy to do so since he already has lost the lead in the race and has 3 checkers back to your two. By playing two up you basically assure yourself of no less than 20 good numbers next turn. He will hit, you will anchor or rehit, you will maintain your advantage.

• #7 51S 21 A tie in the rollout war between the obvious 24/21 and the "I want to let Stick know I look at his web site" 13/11 6/5. If you feel like working on your game or that you're definitely the stronger player I say slot in their face!

• #8 52S 64 Correct is 13/*3. Most have come to accept this as leaving all possible game plans available. Running leaves too many shots (13) and when it works, big deal. [I've found the difference between 11 & 13 shots in the opening to be something of apparent importance] Making the two point puts two checkers immediately out of play if your opponent anchors up.

• #9 64S 44 Correct here is the somewhat surprising 24/16*(2) I have to admit I'm still tempted to play 13/9(2), it feels right, but with a live cube running both becomes clear. Snatch that racing lead and get those efficient doubles ready!

• #10 32D 32 This is a tossup between the top two plays, now the key is knowing what the top two plays are. 13/10 13/11 and 24/22 13/10 are the candidates. I put this in to make sure nobody was stepping up with 24/21. Unnecessarily coming UTG when the minor split is more than satisfactory. If you check the rollouts on my site be sure to keep scrolling down, there are two separate GNU rollouts, one has two down the best reply, the other the minor split! So over 30K trials & GNU can't make up its mind, I'll have to admit that I can't either but OTB I play the split.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.