[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

What backgammon needs desperately...

Posted By: Geoff Arnold
Date: Wednesday, 18 July 2007, at 12:47 p.m.

In Response To: What backgammon needs desperately... (Chuck Bower)

I agree 100% with this issue Chuck. I am 38 was in Novi (had terrible luck) and also noticed that there were about 3 people there under 40. I have been very successful in both live play and online play. I have had a gamesgrid rating over 1900 since I joined more or less. The issue for me is not confidence... I find that ABT events I have been at to be very much a very closed and egotistical community. Half the time I say "Hello" to other players at ABT events they do not so much as utter anything. It reminds me of being in a country club and everyone has a membership but you and there is a constant reminder that you do not quite belong.

The other main issue is money.. I have to work 2 jobs more or less so I can go to and enjoy my hobby.. I would never be able to go to Novi or Madison or any other tourny without basically killing myself 14-18 hours a day working. I never find the entry fee or the travel expense to be that significant. I find the hotel and the car rental and all the other daily fees that come with living to be what sucks the money out of me faster than me taking a horrible cube.

GA

I wish I had an answer..

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.