[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

What backgammon needs desperately...

Posted By: Stanley E. Richards
Date: Wednesday, 18 July 2007, at 5:42 p.m.

In Response To: What backgammon needs desperately... (Chuck Bower)

I've only attended one tournament. I introduced myself to Chuck and Gregg. These two had already taught me alot at GammonU. Both of these gentlemen were very friendly to their enthusiastic student at the Midwest tourney. I agree with Chuck that the new player has to take the initiative. If so, existing players will show kindness to those who really take their game seriously.

Before meeting these guys, I was considering an humorous introduction. I was going to watch Neil, Chuck, or Gregg play and laugh at them. I would say something stupid like "...where did you learn to play...what a stupid move...". Then I was going to laugh and say I'm just joking. I'm Stanley Richards from GammOnline and you guys are my heros. I watched Chuck for a little while. He looked up at me and wondered why I was showing an interest in his game. But, I wimped out. I chose a standard introduction instead of my silly hello. Hey Chuck, would you have prefered the obnoxious introduction?

Stanley

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.