[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Can XG's out-of-the-box default settings be changed so that they match generally agreed settings?

Posted By: mtuhtan
Date: Tuesday, 21 December 2010, at 4:49 p.m.

In Response To: Can XG's out-of-the-box default settings be changed so that they match generally agreed settings? (neilkaz)

One of my tasks for XG2 is to test and recommend a couple more preset analysis settings, but of course, the user can make his own.

Please please please, add an option to re-analyze on stronger settings (in second pass) ALL moves between what first pass thinks it is best move and move played.

E.g. If I made a move that is 5th best by first pass - re-analyze all top five moves in second pass, not only best move and played move.

Maybe analyzing all moves above move played is not a good idea if player made -0.400 blunder and that is 15th best move, but please make possible to re-analyze all moves within 0.070 (or some similar value) from best move that are better than move played.

Also, if I made second best move that is 0.015 from best move, but third and fourth move are 0.022 and 0.025 from best moves (only slightly worse than move played) - re-analyze them too.
Something like "re-analyze moves that are no more than 0.020 worse than move played IF they are within 0.070 from best play".

If you and/or Xavier think that this will much slow down speed of analysis - add it as on option in settings so players can choose if they want quick analyze (only best move and move played are re-analyzed) or precise analyze (more moves are re-analyzed), and leave quick analyze as default.
If such option existed, it would be first thing I would change from default settings in XG2.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.