[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Can XG's out-of-the-box default settings be changed so that they match generally agreed settings?

Posted By: eXtreme Gammon
Date: Friday, 24 December 2010, at 3:12 a.m.

In Response To: Can XG's out-of-the-box default settings be changed so that they match generally agreed settings? (phil simborg)

1. display winning % as values...(forget the graphic bar altogether!)

I do like the graphic bar, personally it help me see the difference between play faster. and they look cuter (which is a big plus for BG players i am sure)

2. can you make the numbers that show wins, gammons, and backgammons under the plays a little larger? If that means displaying fewer plays, it's worth it.

I very well may.. as i am working on the translation i realize i will need to increase the width of the analyze panel (French is barely fitting). the limiting factor for these number is the width so it would not change how many move are displayed. Also the new version will allow displaying 4 decimals so think are getting a bit cramped.

3. almost everyone I know wants to increase the speed of the game, so can the default be around 65 instead of 100?

Sorry i don't understand what you mean. what default should be set to 65?

4. I would like to see the default show the away score instead of the absolute score....all players need to see the match score from this perspective and many don't realize you can change the score by right-clicking on that spot.

Yes, changing the default could be a good idea. I'll think about it

5. When you import a match, 99% of the time you are doing so to analyze it, so why not automatically analyze on every import with the ability to stop it if you wish to?

As Petter mentioned, it allows you to pick the level, otherwise, it just an extra click.

I always welcome suggestions. obviously I cannot implement all (either because they are too complex or I may disagree with them) but feedback is very important to us. Keep the suggestions coming, it is the right time to make your voice heard as the engine for Version 2 is nearly complete and I am moving to features.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.