[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Can XG's out-of-the-box default settings be changed so that they match generally agreed settings?

Posted By: Michael Petch
Date: Friday, 24 December 2010, at 3:19 a.m.

In Response To: Can XG's out-of-the-box default settings be changed so that they match generally agreed settings? (Petter Bengtsson)

Phil wrote: "5. When you import a match, 99% of the time you are doing so to analyze it, so why not automatically analyze on every import with the ability to stop it if you wish to?"

I disagree with this. There are times (and this isn't limited to one site, but is more frequent on one particular site) where I want the match loaded and I wish to review it first to determine if there was any corruption in the match.

I also find that I often switch between Thorough and World Class (depending on what I am analyzing for). I'd rather be asked up front what I want to do, rather than the bot guess and having to manually restart the analyze after.

On a side note (related to import) there is something very dangerous on the Importing of a match (not a money session) pop up box. If you import from a site that Crawford is in effect (but can't be found directly from the info in the imported file), XG has a "Crawford" checkbox on the import screen. I recently found 2 Advanced players had accidentally turned it off (In fact they didn't even know this checkbox existed). I only discovered this when their XG cube results made no sense and then discovered the Crawford game had a huge number of missed cubes by the person trailing.

Once the Crawford box is unchecked it remains unchecked for future imports. I think something could be done to warn a user of this. I'd go further to say that the default should always be "Crawford", and if you want to import a match where Crawford was turned off then you can manually uncheck it. Someone in another country may disagree with that, but it is an opinion. What percentage of matches run in XG don't use Crawford? I don't know but I have my own guess.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.