[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Can XG's out-of-the-box default settings be changed so that they match generally agreed settings?

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Saturday, 25 December 2010, at 2:03 p.m.

In Response To: Can XG's out-of-the-box default settings be changed so that they match generally agreed settings? (Bob Koca)

I have been scoring that way in tournaments for years and have yet to see anyone call it, and I would debate that using a different method of keeping score is doing calculations any more than putting the absolute score down is doing calculations. I also doubt that a tournament director would rule against a player who marked the score 5away/3away instead of 2 to 4.

But even if it is technically a calculation and if a director would call it, I wonder what player would object? How petty would that be.

A bigger issue is that I teach all my students to look at the score in terms of away score so that they are more quickly aware of the important issues when they start the next game.

Actually, it was Stick who completely converted me in this area, suggesting that in all of our positions of the day we use the away score.

Now, more to the point, if the XG default uses the away score more people would keep score in that manner and it would become the common, accepted way to keep score.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.