[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Can XG's out-of-the-box default settings be changed so that they match generally agreed settings?

Posted By: Bob Koca
Date: Sunday, 26 December 2010, at 5:23 p.m.

In Response To: Can XG's out-of-the-box default settings be changed so that they match generally agreed settings? (neilkaz)

Regarding more accuracy:

Suppose I am rolling out plays A and B with the same seed 1296 times each and repeat that say 50 times. I am doing this to see if there will be a correlation (I suspected that there is but my results so far indicate not really). The results will be close so to see the differences I may want more accuracy. If the differnce in plays is actually .0035 and I see it as .004 the %error is large.

When you say there is not really that much accuracy you are correct in one sense but wrong in another. If you rollout a play a gazillion times the results will give a more and more accurate result for what the bot gets playing as the bot plays (which is probably not perfect). That may be the needed value for studying things such as how much difference a varaince reduction technique may make.

Regarding rollout logs: If there is a surprising result I would like to be able to look for things such as a monster cube game. Also one might want to write a scipt to look for various things. I can imagine someone looking at average win % when a cube occurred, or average number of rolls per game for example.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.