[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

"Ignore error"

Posted By: mtuhtan
Date: Monday, 27 December 2010, at 6:53 a.m.

In Response To: Can XG's out-of-the-box default settings be changed so that they match generally agreed settings? (eXtreme Gammon)

I always welcome suggestions. obviously I cannot implement all (either because they are too complex or I may disagree with them) but feedback is very important to us. Keep the suggestions coming, it is the right time to make your voice heard as the engine for Version 2 is nearly complete and I am moving to features.

When going trough analyzed match, I would like to see an option when you right-click on some move in move list in the panel that you can choose "ignore error", not only "clear analyze".

What is the difference?
"Ignore error" would still count that you made checker play or had cube decision, just would ignore error made.

Why would it be useful?
For ignoring errors done on purpose, but not reducing total number of decisions.
For example, I know that 51$ (13/8 6/5) is wrong opening move but I like to play it against some players; or if I play against an opponent who is know as very deep taker (he takes most of double-passes and sometimes even too good to double cubes) I will not double in all those situations where I think my double-take equity is below 0,900 (but would like to count them as cube decisions); or on 2nd roll of the game where I made strongest move (based on rollouts), but XG evaluations are wrong.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.